Therapy for Anxiety
The terms “stress” and “anxiety” are often used interchangeably. Both are negative emotional states that can cause physical symptoms such as a racing heart, rapid breathing, and tense muscles. But there are important differences between the two. While stress is a common reaction to an identifiable stressor, such as an upsetting thought or situation, anxiety often stems from an unknown source. Usually, the latter is rooted in a general sense of helplessness or dread.
Anxiety affects more than 40 million adults in the United States, and even though it is highly treatable, less than one-third of sufferers receive treatment. If you have debilitating anxiety, you don’t have to let it take over your life. The licensed counselors at Bozeman Counseling Center specialize in helping people deal with some of life’s most challenging issues. To help our clients thrive, we offer counseling for anxiety in Bozeman, Montana.
Common Anxiety Disorders
At Bozeman Counseling Center, we offer counseling for many types of anxiety, including:
- Social anxiety – Excessive fear of being scrutinized in social situations
- Panic disorder – A sudden feeling of terror that strikes without warning
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder – Recurring intrusive or unwanted thoughts or a compelling urge to engage in repetitive behavior
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) – Frightening and disturbing thoughts about a past traumatic event, such as a physical assault or natural disaster
- Phobias – Intense, irrational fear that is out of proportion to the actual threat
Our Holistic Approach
When providing counseling for anxiety, we may incorporate brain science, somatic techniques, mindfulness, positive psychology, cognitive therapies, and attachment theory. With a focus on healing mind and body, we help our clients discover and break negative thought patterns so they can heal from the past, make positive changes, become their authentic selves, and create a fulfilling future.
The kind and empathetic counselors at Bozeman Counseling Center are here to support you through the process of overcoming your anxiety. Contact us today to schedule a complimentary and confidential consultation in Bozeman, MT.