Counseling for Stressed-Out Mothers in Bozeman, MT
At Bozeman Counseling Center, we know that motherhood is rewarding. But it can also be stressful, all-consuming, and exhausting. That’s why we offer counseling for stressed-out mothers in Bozeman, Montana.
Like many moms, you might be trying your very best to juggle the myriad demands of parenthood. And yet, during this deeply complicated, intense, and beautiful time, you might feel as if your efforts continually fall short. Balancing your various roles might seem impossible at times. Of course, you want to be fully present for your family. But keep in mind that taking time to care for yourself or pursue your career does not make you a bad mother.
When to Seek Help
According to Postpartum Support International, up to 20% of new mothers experience a serious episode of a mood or anxiety disorder. Don’t try to be a supermom. Know that support is available in the form of counseling for stressed-out mothers and take advantage of it when you need to.
In general, you should seek professional help if you:
- Have persistent feelings of numbness, detachment, or indifference
- Are excessively tearful, aggressive, or irritable
- Often feel anxious or overwhelmed
- Struggle to say “no” or ask for what you need or want
- Put everyone else’s needs ahead of your own
- Long for some alone time but feel too guilty to take it
- Frequently fantasize about escaping from your life
- Often tell “white lies” to avoid disappointing people
- Refrain from speaking up because you think no one is listening
Finding a counselor who specializes in maternal mental health is an excellent first step. Turn to Bozeman Counseling Center for counseling for stressed-out mothers. We are passionate about helping every mom find and connect with her authentic self—instead of who she thought she had to become in order to be a “good mother.”
If you would like to learn more, contact Bozeman Counseling Center today to schedule a complimentary and confidential consultation in Bozeman, MT.