Counseling for Anxiety
Stress and anxiety are increasingly becoming a “normal” part of our daily modern life. However, excess stress and ongoing anxiety are not healthy for our mind, body, or spirit. Do you find yourself often overwhelmed and stressed out by your everyday tasks, whether at work or at home? If so read on….
When it comes to treating stress and anxiety, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because therapy – as opposed to medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of being overly stressed-out and anxious:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly
- Obsessions about certain ideas
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past
- Over thinking situations and replaying scenarios over and over in your head
- Muscle tension, headaches, body aches
- Excessive worry that is hard to stop
- Digestive Issues
Counseling can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, teach you how to relax, help you look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you struggle with stress or anxiety, we invite you to contact us today for a free consultation.