Counseling for Anxiety in Belgrade, MT
Anxiety is a crushing sense of excessive worry, uncontrollable nervousness, or irrational fear. These feelings may peak during stressful times, such as immediately after losing a loved one or job. While it is normal—and even healthy—to experience some level of stress before an important event, it is easy to become overwhelmed by persistent feelings of hopelessness or dread. That’s anxiety.
According to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), more than 31% of adults in the United States will struggle with an anxiety disorder at some point during their lives. The good news is that anxiety is highly treatable without medication. The licensed counselors at Bozeman Counseling Center offer counseling for anxiety near Belgrade, Montana. Through our supportive and confidential process, we help our clients feel heard and understood.
The Many Faces of Anxiety
There are several distinct types of anxiety, including:
- Generalized anxiety disorder – Persistent worry that manifests in physical symptoms, such as rapid breathing and a racing heart
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder – Recurrent or unwanted thoughts (obsessions) or repetitive behaviors (compulsions)
- Panic disorder – Unexpected and repeated episodes of intense fear
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) – Terrifying memories of a traumatic event, such as a violent assault or military combat
- Social anxiety – Excessive self-consciousness in everyday social situations
Our Comprehensive Process
At Bozeman Counseling Center, we take a holistic approach to counseling for anxiety. With a focus on your total well-being, we will begin with an accurate diagnosis, and then set you on the path toward wellness. As you and your therapist navigate this process, you will gain valuable insights and become more self-aware. This can inspire a positive shift in the way you view yourself, others, and the world around you. You may also benefit from learning new skills and strategies to help you cope with your emotions and your life situation. As a result of this collaboration, you will likely find that your mood improves, your relationships strengthen, and you feel more confident, respected, and empowered.
Are you struggling with anxiety? Take your first step toward healing today. Contact Bozeman Counseling Center to request a complimentary and confidential consultation in Belgrade, MT.